ChikeAtu

chi-ke-a-tu |’chekay-ahto|
adjective
1. judged over a period of time to be of the highest quality and outstanding of its kind.
2. all of me

28 December 2009

Ahead, Miles




    I know my sister meant well, but I’m pretty sure that no 16 year old should be reading the autobiography of Miles Davis! Pretty sure she didn’t know his story before giving me, the pictured book, for my 16th birthday. OR maybe she did and understood the profound affect it would have on me. This book truly inspired me and completely frightened  me beyond understanding. The music, the lifestyle all made me envious of his life. the drugs, the addictions made me aware of future temptations I will continue to face the rest of my life. I fell in love with his music and his “...I don’t really give a fuck” attitude. Only until recent years, did I even take notice of his natural ability to make clothing and style become effortless. The following pics, express my sentiments visually. Thank you, Mr. Miles Davis.















“... for me, music and life are all about style.” ~ Miles Davis





No comments: