ChikeAtu

chi-ke-a-tu |’chekay-ahto|
adjective
1. judged over a period of time to be of the highest quality and outstanding of its kind.
2. all of me

19 December 2009

In the name of love, STEPS...


GOURMET QUADICI'




COMMON PROJECT FIELD BOOT





COMMON PROJECTS FIELD BOOTS (NYLON)





POME’ DUCKBOOT





ANDROID HOMME PROPULSION HI




CLAE WHITMAN




CLAE KENNEDY 





MAISON MARTIN MARGIELA 22 (VELVET FLOCK)







MAISON MARTIN MARGIELA 22 HI-STRAPPED




LANVIN CAP-TOE





    I have an incredible appreciation for sneakers, steps, kicks, or whatever clever name comes to mind on that particular day.  Like the average, I have always been a long time fan of the big heavy weights in footwear, i.e. Nike, Adidas, or Jordan. Always doing my best to pick up the latest release of limited athletic shoes. Yet now, in the last 2 years I have grown a strong appreciation for casual athletic footwear with a beautiful design and quality materials. 
      This may contribute to my ever growing knowledge and appreciation of the Men’s Fashion industry or it simply could be that I don’t want to always look like “...I have a bad jump shot, might shoot a brick.” So i have grown to love some alternative brands as well high brands that have clean quality design. As my Bestfriend refers to as “White Box” swag, because many high-end sneakers/trainers come in white boxes, I have fallen for these classic silhouettes . Many times these designs derive from old gym shoes from the 50’s and 60’s with modern design aspects. Another great aspect of updating your footwear collection, is the versatility a great sneaker gives your wardrobe and the crossover appeal it can add to a suit or jean/blazer combination.  Please don't be misinformed, I can’t afford a pair of Lanvin or even a pair of Common Projects for that matter at the current financial state that I’m in, but the designs are truly beautiful. You can easily find alternatives of these high-end designs at your local retail stores, i.e. Zara or an Aldo, for a more reasonable recession friendly price. Now, just step in the name of love.

ChikeAtu

No comments: